Friday, December 5, 2008

Fly Like Paper Get High Like Planes (Song Of The Year?)


-- Paper Planes
M.I.A.
Diplo, producer; Switch, engineer/mixer
Track from: Kala
[Interscope]
Yessss I Say Give it to her. I sure hope Diplo, a very Pregnant M.I.A., and Switch (who makes all of santogolds remixes HOT!!) take this one home especially because Lil wayne will be taking home 1 too many Grammy's that night
M.I.A.'s Paper Planes was nominated for song of the year at the Grammy's. The Paper Planes record was eventually picked up and sampled for T.I.'s Swagger Like Us which is when alot of people finally got hip to M.I.A. the Sri Lanka Native who makes HOT music.
M.I.A has been around for a while and Paper planes is actually an old song; in music years its about 2 or 3 years old (about 1 and some months? in human years)

Other songs who were nominated for Song Of The Year Include:
-- Chasing Pavements
Adele
Eg White, producer; Tom Elmhirst & Steve Price, engineers/mixers
Track from: 19
[XL Recordings/Columbia]

-- Viva La Vida
Coldplay
Markus Dravs, Brian Eno & Rik Simpson, producers; Michael Brauer & Rik
Simpson, engineers/mixers
Track from: Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
[Capitol Records]

-- Bleeding Love
Leona Lewis
Simon Cowell, Clive Davis & Ryan "Alias" Tedder, producers; Craig
Durrance, Phil Tan & Ryan "Alias" Tedder, engineers/mixers
[J Records/SYCO Music]

-- Please Read The Letter
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
T Bone Burnett, producer; Mike Piersante, engineer/mixer
Track from: Raising Sand
[Rounder]

6 comments:

CODE said...

u didnt Mention it, BUT

my man LUPE got 4 More Noms

I hope it get at least 1,

but blockers named LIL WAYNE might front

LOL

B.Marie said...

I GOTTA AGREE WITH YOU.... PAPER PLAINS IS THE ANTHEM BY FAR

JWORK LIMITED said...

Yeah the song is super dope

Monique Famous said...

This song lives in the clubs

Anonymous said...

that song annoys me and no im not hating lol

Gallardo Bastardo said...

Man, Wasn't "Paper Planes" out in 2007? What kind of shittery is this? This is all Pineapple Express' fault because nobody was even thinking about that damn song. I'm gonna go punch Kanye in the face right now for sampling her.

And let's be real, as a Lupe Fiasco fan, I want him to win, but I already know Lil Wayne is going to take at least 4 grammys home.